2 filhos de Francisco

dvd-2-filhos-de-francisco_MLB-F-3658227090_012013get-it-now11DirectorBreno Silveira

Writer(s): Carolina Kotscho, Patricia Andrade

Actor(s): Ângelo Antônio, Dira Paes, Márcio Kieling, Thiago Mendonça, Paloma Duarte, José Dumont, Lima Duarte, Dablio Moreira, Marcos Henrique, Zezé di Camargo

Production Co.: Conspiração Filmes, ZCL Produções Artísticas, Columbia Tristar Filmes do Brasil, Globo Filmes

Country: Brazil

Year: 2005

Language: In Portuguese; subtitles available in English, Portuguese or Spanish.

Format: DVD

[ratings]

Summary:  The story of Francisco, a very simple and poor man whose dream was to see his children become country music stars, and who made all the efforts to make it happen. Based on a true story.

Supplemental Materials:

5 Comments

on “2 filhos de Francisco
5 Comments on “2 filhos de Francisco
  1. Great film! It’s filled with so many important questions and themes to think about during and after watching the movie. In particular, I found myself reflecting a lot on how difficult the decision must be for a rural family to uproot themselves and move to a city, as well as the tough decision for a family to let their sons go off to perform around the country without knowing if they’ll ever see each other again.

To top it off, the boys do have phenomenal voices, and watching them play on the accordion was fun, too!

• This was an excellent film in my opinion. My favorite film this term so far. The beginning was very touching, especially when the boys were just beginning to sing. Watching them grow as musicians was very nice and I was sad when the car accident occurred. I would recommend this film to everyone.

2. This was an excellent film in my opinion. My favorite film this term so far. The beginning was very touching, especially when the boys were just beginning to sing. Watching them grow as musicians was very nice and I was sad when the car accident occurred. I would recommend this film to everyone.
    -Halimo

3. A film about having strong convictions and trusting one’s instinct – great! Really enjoyed it. Interesting view of dictatorship era as well, without being a film “about” dictatorship.